Senior Manager Strategy & Business Development (All Gender)
We all enjoy meeting people who are full of new ideas and always looking to improve themselves. And that's also true at Barclays – because we're not your typical bank. Just like you, we're full of energy and love forging new paths.
You can have a real impact at Barclays and help shape the company's future. Not only do you have the opportunity to develop your own skills, but you can also help your team progress and drive the company forward. Set your career free: we offer flexible working arrangements, the opportunity to change position and even assume leadership roles — no avenue is off limits. So, are you ready to take the next step? Start your new and exciting journey at Barclays.
As our Senior Manager Strategy and Business Development your main responsibility is to develop and drive the Barclays Germany corporate strategy.
What will you be doing
- Develop long-term corporate strategy
- Review and update the strategic roadmap/ game plan
- Explore and evaluate organic and inorganic growth opportunities
- Support selected strategic projects (especially Commercial projects to expand the business)
- Collect and share latest markets insights regarding credit cards, online cash loans or ePoS financing
- Develop competitor intelligence
- Monitor the FinTech market and evaluate potential partnerships
- Support various request from different Barclays’ Group functions related to our strategy
What we're looking for
- University degree in business administration/economics, MBA or equivalent experience in the Financial Service sector
- Experience in communications with senior stakeholders
- Interested to work on complex & strategic topics
- Experience in an international matrix-organisation
- Fluent business English
What Barclays is all about
People are at the heart of everything we do at Barclays — both our customers and our employees. Giving people the opportunity to realise their full potential is incredibly important to us. Each and every one of our employees helps shape and enrich our unique corporate culture. A creative and diverse team is precisely what makes our mission possible, which is to reinvent payments and finance and give people the freedom to live how they want. More than 1.5 million customers are already benefiting from our renowned credit cards, instalment loans and even our brand-new financing offer in partnership with Amazon. It's no surprise then that we're one of Germany's leading online banks with more than 700 colleagues in Hamburg.
What you can expect at Barclays:
- A competitive base salary
- A flexible budget to use at your discretion (including an HVV Ticket for public transport, payments to employee savings schemes and other solutions)
- Significant employer contributions into a company pension scheme
- Company sports and fitness activities at special rates
- Bonuses on special occasions
- Up to 8 free tickets per season for the Barclays Arena
- 30 days leave (for a 5-day week)
- 2 work days available for community involvement, charity work or social outreach
We're looking for colleagues who are bursting with new ideas and are also full of energy to put them into practice. If you're interested in joining our dynamic team and helping Barclays develop, we would love to meet you. Please send your application complete with all required documentation (CV, certificates & references) and indicate your expected salary and the earliest possible start date.