Senior Credit Risk Analyst (ALL GENDERS)
We're looking for a Senior Credit Risk Analyst (ALL GENDERS)
We all enjoy meeting people who are full of new ideas and always looking to improve themselves. And that's also true at Barclays – because we're not your typical bank. Just like you, we're full of energy and love forging new paths.
You can have a real impact at Barclays and help shape the company's future. Not only do you have the opportunity to develop your own skills, but you can also help your team progress and drive the company forward. Set your career free: we offer flexible working arrangements, the opportunity to change position and even assume leadership roles — no avenue is off limits. So, are you ready to take the next step? Start your new and exciting journey at Barclays.
What you can expect at Barclays:
- A competitive base salary
- Homeoffice (60%remote/40% onsite)
- A flexible budget to use at your discretion (payments to employee savings schemes and other solutions)
- Significant employer contributions into a company pension scheme
- Company sports and fitness activities at special rates
- Bonuses on special occasions
- Up to 8 free tickets per season for the Barclays Arena
- 30 days leave (for a 5-day week)
- 2 work days available for community involvement, charity work or social outreach
- Providing best in class analytics, transforming high level requests into focussed and specific analysis
- Responsible for monthly BAU reporting and control activity
- Working effectively with peers and management team to achieve shared business objectives
- Presenting and communicating results to Senior Management and driving stakeholder discussions
- Identifying new opportunities for enhancing/streamlining services
- Formulating opportunities into proposals, sharing with the manager and implementing
- Maintenance of credit criteria, models and strategies
- Maintenance of control monitoring and documentation of processes, procedures and strategies in relation to credit management
What we're looking for
- Understanding of the appropriate Credit Risk policies and standards
- Good relationship and stakeholder management skills - the jobholder will be required to build and maintain effective working relationships across the Risk Function, Germany team and wider Risk Function.
- Strong influencing and communication skills - be able to communicate complex concepts to a wide audience.
- Strong evidence of coordinated planning and delivery of planned activity.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in an empirical discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Economics, Maths, Physics, etc.)
- Working knowledge of consumer financial products
- Working knowledge and experience of credit risk management in consumer lending gained at a Bank or Financial Institution
- Working knowledge in the interpretation and application of Credit Risk policies
- Comprehensive knowledge and effective use of analytical tools including SQL or SAS/R. Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills with ability to translate insight into a coherent story
- Ability to generate insights from data, assess the commercial / financial impact and recommend action, to find innovative ways to solve analytical problems and the ability to deliver accurate results within tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail, and a real commitment to delivering high quality outputs which are right first time
What Barclays is all about
People are at the heart of everything we do at Barclays — both our customers and our employees. Giving people the opportunity to realise their full potential is incredibly important to us. Each and every one of our employees helps shape and enrich our unique corporate culture. A creative and diverse team is precisely what makes our mission possible, which is to reinvent payments and finance and give people the freedom to live how they want. More than 1.5 million customers are already benefiting from our renowned credit cards, instalment loans and even our brand-new financing offer in partnership with Amazon. It's no surprise then that we're one of Germany's leading online banks with more than 750 colleagues in Hamburg.
We're looking for colleagues who are bursting with new ideas and are also full of energy to put them into practice. If you're interested in joining our dynamic team and helping Barclays develop, we would love to meet you. Please send your application with all required documentation (CV, certificates & references).