Head of Commercial Risk & Control (All Genders)
Are you creative and enterprising? Are you looking for the freedom you need to flourish as a manager? Then join us! At Barclays you can achieve far more than you might imagine at a bank. And that's because we're not your typical bank. We look for people who are not only full of energy but who also dare to take on new challenges.
You can have a real impact at Barclays and help shape the company's future. Not only do you have the opportunity to develop your own skills, but you can also help your team progress and drive the company forward. So, set your career free. Start your new and exciting journey at Barclays.
As our Head of Commercial Risk & Control you will ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Risk Management Framework requirements and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
What will you be doing
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the Risk and Control Management framework for the Consumer Bank Europe Front Office to ensure compliance with all Conduct and Reputation policies/standards and regulatory requirements
- Accountable executive role for Consumer Bank Europe projects with regulatory focus
- Drives solutions to ensure regulatory adherence while minimizing business impact, using analytical and conceptual skills, capable to take holistic business impact into consideration
- Designs and implements robust governance processes in alignment with local and group key stakeholders
- Operates and designs controls , with focus on regulatory, Conduct and reputational requirements to manage key risks appropriately
- Owns annual Risk and Control Self Assessment (RCSA) activities and aligning this to applicable policies/standards and cross functional process and risk combinations
- Leads root cause analysis of control failures, incidents and complaints over risk appetite, identifies control gaps and coordinates appropriate remedial actions, and analyses and responds to audit and regulatory examination findings
- Works with other risk functions, business leads and other national and international stakeholders to create a culture of strong Risk Management
- Provides reporting at a high level, suitable for presentation to national and international executive management, reflective of activities performed by the function
- Acts as role model to bring to life the Barclays Values and the Barclays mindset for all colleagues within the business function, with a specific focus on Conduct, Reputation and operational Risk Management
- Leads a team of up to 6 members to take Risk Management and Governance to the next level
What we're looking for
- Relevant experience within a highly regulated environment along with a deep understanding of control, regulatory and risk issues, preferable within the Banking sector
- Clear understanding of effective governance processes
- Ability to analyse business processes and create insight of deriving business and regulatory risks
- In-depth knowledge of risk management and measurement and strong ability to translate those into an effective control framework that satisfies both internal and regulatory requirements
- Practical Risk Management experience and a good understanding of the risk framework and techniques (RCSAs, KRIs, KIs, Risk Events, Lessons Learnt, etc.)
- Detailed and comprehensive understanding of the risk framework with specific focus on Commercial and Conduct risks, such as Data privacy, Conflicts of Interest, Customer Engagement, etc.
- Professional conceptual and innovative thinking to develop ground breaking solutions and to ensure ambitious growth initiatives
- Ability to deliver through others as a leader to drive cultural change without line management responsibility
- Strategic thinker who is able to identify opportunities in regulatory requirements and being an innovator
What Barclays is all about
People are at the heart of everything we do at Barclays — both our customers and our employees. Giving people the opportunity to realise their full potential is incredibly important to us. Each and every one of our employees helps shape and enrich our unique corporate culture. A creative and diverse team is precisely what makes our mission possible, which is to reinvent payments and finance and give people the freedom to live how they want. More than 1.5 million customers are already benefiting from our renowned credit cards, instalment loans and even our brand-new financing offer in partnership with Amazon. It's no surprise then that we're one of Germany's leading online banks with more than 700 colleagues in Hamburg.
What you can expect at Barclays:
- A competitive base salary
- A flexible budget to use at your discretion (including an HVV ProfiTicket for public transport, payments to employee savings schemes and other solutions)
- Significant employer contributions into a company pension scheme
- Company sports and fitness activities at special rates
- Bonuses on special occasions
- Up to 8 free tickets per season for the Barclays Arena
- 30 days leave (for a 5-day week)
- 2 work days available for community involvement, charity work or social outreach
We're looking for colleagues who are bursting with new ideas and are also full of energy to put them into practice. If you're interested in joining our dynamic team and helping Barclays develop, we would love to meet you. Please send your application with all required documentation (CV, certificates & references) and your expected salary and earliest possible start date.