Business Data Analyst (All Genders)
We all enjoy meeting people who are full of new ideas and always looking to improve themselves. And that's also true at Barclays – because we're not your typical bank. Just like you, we're full of energy and love forging new paths.
You can have a real impact at Barclays and help shape the company's future. Not only do you have the opportunity to develop your own skills, but you can also help your team progress and drive the company forward. Set your career free: we offer flexible working arrangements, the opportunity to change position and even assume leadership roles — no avenue is off limits. So, are you ready to take the next step? Start your new and exciting journey at Barclays.
What will you be doing
- You will be a data advisor to colleagues and senior managers on all Chief Data Office topics. As a part of the global Chief Data Office, we ensure that Barclays in Germany manage data well and deliver data change efficiently. Your consultancy spans across data governance and compliance topics, data solutions and the promoting of in-depth knowledge about Germany’s business data. This will make you an effective change agent for the data driven business transformation, where data is an asset and leveraged at scale for customer and business benefit.
- For data related change and innovation, you will collate requirements with business users, design and review data solutions and deliver data related change jointly with the Technology teams of Barclays. You will be responsible for following through diligently with the respective stakeholders.
- As advisor, you will ensure compliance with the data & records management standards. This includes Records Management; Metadata, Master, Reference Data and Data Quality Management; Data Lineage and Classification; and Data Architecture/Layer Design.
- You will deliver hands-on support for novel uses of data and for ad-hoc data requests, by building prototypes for analytics & reporting or by engaging senior stakeholders across the business to negotiate, educate through trainings and assist with the overall rollout of strategic data projects.
What we're looking for
- Strong affinity to data and technology, with hands-on experience of current data technology like SQL (fluent), the AWS tech stack, the Cloudera Hadoop tech stack, Tableau, SAS or similar, and of collaboration tools like Jira, Confluence or similar.
- You have experience with data implementations in large companies where a variety of data architectures and tools is used, e.g. as data analyst, product owner, data solution architect, business analyst, data developer or similar
- Experience with Data and Records Management practices or a willingness to familiarize yourself quickly and thoroughly with the Barclays standards
- You hold a bachelor degree in IT / sciences / mathematics / technology, business management or similar and you are an avid learner for internally provided knowledge and self-sourced knowledge.
- You have strong presentation and communication skills and are comfortable with communicating in English;
- You are well organized at work, take ownership actively and achieve high quality and performance standards.
- You truly enjoy working on data topics in an international team while interacting with local stakeholders in Germany.
What Barclays is all about
People are at the heart of everything we do at Barclays — both our customers and our employees. Giving people the opportunity to realise their full potential is incredibly important to us. Each and every one of our employees helps shape and enrich our unique corporate culture. A creative and diverse team is precisely what makes our mission possible, which is to reinvent payments and finance and give people the freedom to live how they want. More than 1.5 million customers are already benefiting from our renowned credit cards, instalment loans and even our brand-new financing offer in partnership with Amazon. It's no surprise then that we're one of Germany's leading online banks with more than 700 colleagues in Hamburg.
What you can expect at Barclays:
- A competitive base salary
- A flexible budget to use at your discretion (including an HVV Ticket for public transport, payments to employee savings schemes and other solutions)
- Significant employer contributions into a company pension scheme
- Company sports and fitness activities at special rates
- Bonuses on special occasions
- Up to 8 free tickets per season for the Barclays Arena
- 30 days leave (for a 5-day week)
- 2 work days available for community involvement, charity work or social outreach
We're looking for colleagues who are bursting with new ideas and are also full of energy to put them into practice. If you're interested in joining our dynamic team and helping Barclays develop, we would love to meet you. Please send your application complete with all required documentation (CV, certificates & references), also indicate your expected salary and earliest possible start date.