Data Privacy Manager (All Genders)
We all enjoy meeting people who are full of new ideas and always looking to improve themselves. And that's also true at Barclays – because we're not your typical bank. Just like you, we're full of energy and love forging new paths.
You can have a real impact at Barclays and help shape the company's future. Not only do you have the opportunity to develop your own skills, but you can also help your team progress and drive the company forward. Set your career free: we offer flexible working arrangements, the opportunity to change position and even assume leadership roles — no avenue is off limits. So, are you ready to take the next step? Start your new and exciting journey at Barclays.
As our Data Privacy Manager you will ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with the regulatory requirements, Enterprise Risk Management Framework requirements and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Monitoring compliance with Barclays Data Privacy Standard and European and German privacy laws
- Contribute to assurance reviews and ensure oversight of Privacy Standard within the Business, through verification checks or monitoring reviews
- Support the Data Privacy Compliance team on strategic projects and in setting the Barclays Data Privacy Governance Framework
- Inform about new and relevant data privacy regulations and provide advice on implementing respective changes
- Support the Data Privacy Compliance strategy by contributing to procedures, guidance and training materials that incorporate local requirements
- Ensure Data Privacy is considered in new product approval and technology change processes
- Advise stakeholders on the completion of the Privacy Impact Assessment. Assess new process and suggest Data Privacy related control improvements
- Identify and assess existing and emerging risks to determine whether exposure is within risk appetite and the appropriate risk response by connecting risk categories and promoting a strong risk culture
- Work together with business leads across the Consumer Bank Europe to create a strong culture of Data Privacy
- Effectively communicate and manage stakeholders, including consulting key business units to implement privacy controls to ensure compliance with EU and German law
- Deep knowledge of data privacy law with experience in data privacy regulations or strong Compliance background with willingness to obtain relevant Data Privacy knowledge and skills
- Ability to effectively communicate technical and non-technical information to a variety of audiences and influence stakeholders in order to embed a culture of privacy by design
- Strong analytical skills, ability to assess privacy data privacy risks and advise how to mitigate them
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to balance out complex scenarios along with a proactive and hands on mentality
- Very good verbal and written communication capabilities in English and German
- Work experience in managing and overseeing Data Privacy risks
- Strong technical and regulatory knowledge of Data Privacy, including a clear understanding of the GDPR, Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, and privacy impact assessments
- Experience with assurance related activities
Skills that will help you in the role
- Professional Privacy Certification from the International Association of Privacy Professionals (e.g. CIPP /E) or equivalent is preferred
- Data Privacy experience in multi-channel organisations (e.g. social media)
What Barclays is all about
People are at the heart of everything we do at Barclays — both our customers and our employees. Giving people the opportunity to realise their full potential is incredibly important to us. Each and every one of our employees helps shape and enrich our unique corporate culture. A creative and diverse team is precisely what makes our mission possible, which is to reinvent payments and finance and give people the freedom to live how they want. More than 1.5 million customers are already benefiting from our renowned credit cards, instalment loans and even our brand-new financing offer in partnership with Amazon. It's no surprise then that we're one of Germany's leading online banks with more than 700 colleagues in Hamburg.
What you can expect at Barclays:
- A competitive base salary
- A flexible budget to use at your discretion (including an HVV Ticket for public transport, payments to employee savings schemes and other solutions)
- Significant employer contributions into a company pension scheme
- Company sports and fitness activities at special rates
- Bonuses on special occasions
- Up to 8 free tickets per season for the Barclays Arena
- 30 days leave (for a 5-day week)
- 2 work days available for community involvement, charity work or social outreach
We're looking for colleagues who are bursting with new ideas and are also full of energy to put them into practice. If you're interested in joining our dynamic team and helping Barclays develop, we would love to meet you. Please send your application, complete with all required documentation (CV, certificates & references) and indicate your expected salary and earliest possible start date.