Credit Risk Manager (all genders)
We all enjoy meeting people who are full of new ideas and always looking to improve themselves. And that's also true at Barclays – because we're not your typical bank. Just like you, we're full of energy and love forging new paths.
You can have a real impact at Barclays and help shape the company's future. Not only do you have the opportunity to develop your own skills, but you can also help your team progress and drive the company forward. Set your career free: we offer flexible working arrangements, the opportunity to change position and even assume leadership roles — no avenue is off limits. So, are you ready to take the next step? Start your new and exciting journey at Barclays.
We are in the second line or defense within Barclays and the global Barclays Board. The Board oversees the execution of all risk procedures. Our goal is to secure Barclays financial results and its reputation.
Why you should join Barclays
- A competitive base salary
- Homeoffice (60%remote/40% onsite)
- A flexible budget to use at your discretion (payments to employee savings schemes and other solutions)
- Significant employer contributions into a company pension scheme
- Company sports and fitness activities at special rates
- Bonuses on special occasions
- Up to 8 free tickets per season for the Barclays Arena
- 30 days leave (for a 5-day week)
- 2 work days available for community involvement, charity work or social outreach
What you will be doing
As member of the credit risk collections team you will work within collections and the evaluation of possible risks for Barclays and our customers will be one of your main focuses on a daily basis.
- Understanding of internal guidelines and their utilisation when it comes to new working procedures, furthermore you will make sure that these guidelines are adhered to within the first line of defense
- Working effectively with different teams, also internationally, to reach our business goals
- Making decisions and presenting them in different committees, your decisions will influence our future collections strategies and risk models
- You will extract and analyse data with ability to translate the insights into coherent story that drives action
- You create MI´s (Management Information), so trends can be derived from the data. In case of abnormalities you would make the corresponding stakeholders aware and lead discussions to resolve the issue
- Proactively adjusting of analysis based on your knowledge and experience and draw conclusions
- You will work within projects (for example new initiatives for the business in Germany) and ensure the consideration of credit risks while also making the business aware of any possible mistakes
What we're looking for
- Fluency in English
- You have gathered work experience within global teams and have a problem solving attitude
- You have experience with: SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Mining, Python, Hadoop, Tableau and furthermore, you can translate and present your analysis in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- You act in a confident and persuasive manner and possess excellent analytical skills
- You hold a degree (business administration or similar)
- Experience regarding risk management within a bank or financial institution would be an advantage
- Great communication skills and acting confident towards senior stakeholders
- You are keen to play your part within a changing environment and continuous improvements
We're looking for colleagues who are bursting with new ideas and are also full of energy to put them into practice. If you're interested in joining our dynamic team and helping Barclays develop, we would love to meet you. Please send your application with all required documentation (CV, certificates & references).